IIT Action Plan
IIT is dedicated to protecting our patients and reducing the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. We have made the decision to provide in-person therapy, because the pandemic has resulted in an exacerbation of the mental health crisis in the US. As a result, we believe that our services are essential to many that are seeking help. Our physician has worked on a safe opening plan that goes well beyond current government guidelines. We will be applying a three tier approach that recognizes the primary modes of transmission are respiratory droplet and airborne.
- Environmental Interventions
- Improved HVAC filtration with MERV 13 filters. These filters are approximately 90% effective at removing circulating germs in the building.
- HEPA filter in the treatment room with 99.97% efficiency in removing particles as small as 0.3 microns & UVC light as an additional method of sanitation. Ultraviolet light has been used to kill pathogens in healthcare settings for decades. The light will be used to disinfect surfaces and air before each session.
- We will follow the CDC cleaning and disinfection recommendations to further reduce the risk of surface transmission.
- Visitors will be asked a symptom questionnaire and undergo a temperature check upon arrival.
- All patients will be asked to have a coronavirus test (PCR) 2 days prior to session, and to self-quarantine the remaining two days if possible.
- Personal Protection
- Personnel will abide by MN State law requiring face coverings while inside our building. During sessions, therapists and the physician will be wearing face masks and face shields.
- Personnel will be required to sanitize after every encounter and immediately after physical contact.
- During the session, therapists will remain at a safe distance unless directly attending to patients.